What We're Doing About COVID-19
At Comprehensive Laser & Aesthetics, your health, safety and happiness are our top priorities. We have been monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very carefully. Our Columbia and Olney offices are open, and we will continue to follow updates from local, state and federal authorities.
We have taken a series of precautionary steps to ensure your safety:
- We are performing enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of all patient care areas on a regular basis and in between all patient visits.
- We will avoid having patients congregate in our reception area. Upon check-in, you will be shown to either a private exam room or consultation room depending upon the nature of your appointment.
- All members of our staff are screened daily for COVID symptoms and are asked to stay home if they exhibit any signs or symptoms of the disease.
- ALL of our providers wear surgical face masks, plastic face shields and the necessary personal protective equipment to ensure patient and provider safety.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants (Cavi-Wipes, Cavicide) to clean patient rooms and equipment. CaviCide is a convenient, ready-to-use, intermediate-level surface disinfectant that is effective against TB, HBV, HCV, viruses (hydrophilic and lipophilic), bacteria (including MRSA and VRE) and fungi. It can be used in the NICU, operating rooms, isolation rooms, patient care areas and laboratories. When used as directed, it will also effectively clean and decontaminate critical and semi-critical instrumentation.
- All of our equipment and protective eyewear are cleaned after every use.
- Plexiglass shields will be in place at the check-in and check out areas to prevent aerosol transmission.
For the time being, we ask that you come to your appointments alone to limit the traffic through the office. We also ask that you leave children in the care of a family member or a sitter. If you have had a recent fever, sore throat, cold- or flu-like symptoms or contact with someone suspected of having COVID-19 please call immediately to reschedule your appointment.
As always we appreciate your support of and trust in our practice and we look forward to seeing you soon!